Areas of Expertise
- Tax preparation
- Accounts payable
- Accounts receivable
- Quickbooks Certified proadvisor
- Bank and balance sheet reconciliations
- North Carolina Notary Public
- State sales tax nerd
- B.A., Communication Studies, University of North Carolina at Wilmington
- A.S., Accounting (in process), Central Piedmont Community College
- Unfinished M.A., Professional Communication, Clemson University (discontinued in good standing)
Amy started at MI in 2016. She has been a notary since 2017, and performs bookkeeping for all MI clients from payables to tax preparation. In 2020, Amy was promoted to Senior Accountant.
Auditing is a favorite of Amy’s, as she loves the challenge of finding the source of problems. She loves numbers, reconciling, and the satisfaction of presenting a client with a perfect set of books.
Amy has a QuickBooks Online Advanced Certification, has an “Accounting and Finance Certificate Specialization in Tax” from CPCC, and is currently enrolled at CPCC working towards her Associate Degree in Accounting.
Has 4 guinea pigs
Has lived in 5 U.S. cities
Likes to crochet and cross-stitch
Street Food: Fajitas
Book: Le Petit Prince
Band: Def Leppard