- May 27, 2021
- Posted by: Lauren Spagnoletti
- Categories: industrial, Jobs, logistics, travel
Service & Parts Technician
Who is MasterMover?
We design and manufacture machines and robots that push and pull heavy things around. They do the hard work so that people don’t have to. For the companies that use them, our machines also bring a huge range of cost and efficiency savings.
We’re growing… a lot!
Everyone wants to improve safety and increase efficiency. So, we’re busier than ever! Our customer base is a global ‘who’s who’ of the world’s biggest companies. Thousands of our machines are deployed all over the globe moving everything from rocket parts to vaccines. If you want to be part of a fast-growing success story, then read on…
We’re looking for a Service & Parts Technician in Charlotte (NC)
What you’ll do:
- Provide customers with ‘expert’ level technical support across the whole range of MasterMover machinery. For the most part you’ll be doing this from a desk in Charlotte, which means you’ll need to be really good at remote fault finding and helping the onsite technicians deliver a fast fix.
- You’ll be assessing warranty claims and deciding what to do with them. You’ll then need to work with colleagues here and at our factory in the UK to administer those claims through our systems.
- We’ll need you to take care of parts requests. That means working out what part is needed, providing the customer with a quote, and then finishing with picking, packing, and dispatching.
- Most of our customers maintain their own machines, but we have some in the Carolinas who want us to do that for them. Sometimes, you’ll need to fly to other locations across North America to commission equipment, repair machines or deliver operator training. Currently, travel accounts for about 20% of the time.
- You’ll be driving our forklift to receive and ship goods out.
Who you are:
- You’ve got a minimum of 3 years’ experience servicing machinery of some sort. We don’t mind what it is you’ve worked on, but you need to be able to demonstrate sound mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic service skills.
- You’re a great communicator. In this role you’ll be talking and writing to customers to give them the support they need.
- You know what great customer service looks like and you strive to deliver it every time.
- You’re IT literate. We don’t need an IT genius, but you do need to be comfortable using computers.
Of course, we also want you to be organized and self-motivated, but more than that we want you to enjoy doing what you do and for you to be willing to take on whatever challenge comes your way.
Rewards & benefits
- Highly competitive salary
- 20 days’ vacation + 8 federal holidays (increasing with service)
- Friday afternoons off (finish at 2:00)
- Bonus schemes
- Medical & dental insurance (up to $650 per month)
- 401K scheme (4% employer contribution)
- Learning & development opportunities
No matter who you are – you are welcome at MasterMover
MasterMover is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that diversity and inclusion make us stronger. Here, we know the value of bringing together diverse ideas. We embrace a culture that is accepting and understanding. And we work to include individuals that fit with that culture. It’s a culture that reflects our global market, widens our business opportunities, attracts the best talent, and breathes life into the best teamwork.
Send cover letter, resume, and at least 2 professional references to email@example.com.