Bacci America is the U.S. subsidiary of an Italian CNC machine manufacturer for the woodworking industry. Our main clients are in the chair, furniture, and kitchen cabinet door sector. Our parent company, Paolino Bacci (Bacci), has been selling into the U.S. market since the 1960s and opened this U.S. subsidiary in 2014. Bacci recently celebrated their 100-year anniversary. The company is family owned and operated with the 4th generation currently at the helm.
Bacci America operates as a sales and service arm for the North American market, with close connections to the Italian headquarters. The company is expanding and looking to add members to our team.
Bacci America is seeking a service engineer to service Bacci machines in the North American market. This includes travel to customer locations and remote access to machines for troubleshooting. Our showroom/warehouse is located in south Charlotte. The position is expected to start as soon as possible and is full-time with benefits.
Reports to the Service Manager of BACCI AMERICA
Core & Technical Responsibilities
- Installation and commissioning of new CNC machines at customer’s factories; training on programming for customer’s operators and programmers
- Technical interventions at customer locations to fix the machines, to re-calibrate the machines, to replace machine’s parts
- Online Remote Service and/or Phone Calls for troubleshooting
Detailed Additional Responsibilities
- Plans for the installation of machinery
- Maintains accurate records and documents; processes paperwork on a timely basis and with close attention to detail; documents important aspects of decisions and actions
- Responsible for maintaining adequate levels of spare parts in stock
- Establishes and maintains meaningful reporting information, including statistics, to help monitor and improve the management of parts inventory
- Establishes and maintains meaningful reporting information, including statistics, to help monitor and improve the management of consumable inventory
- Evaluates the condition of returned parts, inquiring as needed as to the warranty status of these parts and making judgment on the validity of warranty claims
- Provides solutions to the physical storage of parts
- Provides solutions to the physical storage of machinery
- Assists plans for machinery and spare parts receiving and shipping
- Assists with inventory/packing/shipping requirements when in the office
- The position requires approximately 50% travel, and sometimes more
- Advanced Knowledge of Computers – (Windows Based)
- Good/Advanced Knowledge of Mechanical (Mechanical Assemblies) and Electrical Systems (ability to read electric and pneumatic diagrams) finalized to trouble shooting and parts replacements.
- Good/Advanced knowledge of CNC machines tools (Numerical Controls Systems like OSAI and FANUC)
- Basic Knowledge of CAD drawing softwares (AUTOCAD)
- Basic Knowledge of CAD/CAM Programming Systems (ALPHACAM, MASTERCAM, UNIGRAPHICS,..)
The ideal service engineer candidate would also have:
- Excellent Communication & Organizational Skills
- Strong work ethic with an exceptional ability to learn & a desire to continuously improve.
- Have high analytical skills, able to problem solve in technically demanding environments.
- Must be able to provide expert customer service to a variety of customer types and communicate effectively in diverse work environments.