- May 5, 2021
- Posted by: Lauren Spagnoletti
- Categories: construction, Jobs, management
Management inSites (MI) is an international management consulting company, specializing in assisting foreign companies start their U.S. subsidiaries through our International Business Incubator (IBI). Clients use a variety of back-office operational support, bookkeeping, marketing, and management services to successfully enter the U.S. market. Our clients produce a range of commercial and consumer goods and operate in multiple industries.
MI also provides construction project oversight through our Owner’s Representative Services to ensure the facilities our clients build in the U.S. conform to U.S. standards while meeting the clients’ specific requirements. We ensure that projects are completed on time, within budget, and meet quality expectations.
The Project Manager will report to the CEO.
Project Manager Position Summary:
The Project Manager will support multiple lines of business. These include Owner’s Representative Services, client account project management, project management of process improvements, client onboarding, and special project support. As such, the position requires acute attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and juggle multiple projects at the same time. Day to day activities could vary drastically depending on the client and special projects at hand. We require a solutions-driven individual who can work with limited supervision.
- Owner’s Representative Services:
- Lead a team of contractors and other vendors to ensure clients’ needs are being met in a timely fashion. Review project plans, specifications, and comments on the design, scheduling, value engineering measures, and potential project risks issues.
- Approve schedule of values, and progress payments.
- Approve vendor payments.
- Monitor budgets, schedules, cost reports, project progress, and review with the project team on a weekly basis.
- Review and accept overall CPM Schedule and detailed resource planning.
- Review and manage execution of contracts, bonds, insurance certificates, contract compliance, and warranties.
- Facilitate client contractor meetings. Follow and manage submittals and shop drawings.
- Manage substantial completion, punchlists, and final completion.
- Manage warehouse setup for clients.
- Serve as the point-person (Account Manager) for specific client accounts, ensuring timely responses and solutions for client issues, and managing all aspects of the client’s relationship with MI.
- Stay in constant communication with all members of the team as necessary for client needs including communications regarding: logistics, AP/AR, construction, contractors, vendors, client’s customers, and keeping the MI management team apprised of any pertinent information.
- Analyze performance indicators of the project team to propose any improvement or other actions, as needed.
- Create an efficient and effective organization of resources assigned to special projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
Technical and Soft Skills:
- 3-5 years of experience in carrying out project management activities, specific experience in construction or change management implementations preferred.
- Ability to manage multiple projects/activities in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Excellent computer-based CPM scheduling programs skills.
- Construction management software knowledge.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, specifically Word and Excel, and experience with Google Workspace, particularly Gmail and Shared Drives a plus.
- Knowledge of EDI and SPS Commerce or other electronic interface platforms preferred.
- Ability to multitask across several clients with varying needs and levels of complexity.
- Proven leadership skills in a team environment.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Superb problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to professionally interact with all members of the team from owner to field staff, with clients, and with partners and vendors.
- Ability to manage economic and human resources.
- Bachelor’s degree and relevant experience required. Architecture, Engineering, or Construction Management preferred.
- Professional Engineering Certification preferred.
- PMP or other Project Management Certification(s).
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States will be required.
- This is a full-time position working out of our Charlotte, NC office and/or our Spartanburg, SC office/warehouse. Travel will be required as will on-site work for construction projects.
- Pay: $60,000 – $90,000 per year depending on experience.
- Benefits include: 401(k) and 401(k) matching; health, dental, and vision Insurance; optional LTD insurance; and paid time off (PTO).
Send cover letter, resume, and at least 2 professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.