- May 27, 2021
- Posted by: Lauren Spagnoletti
- Categories: accounting, Jobs, logistics
Order Processing Lead
Order Processing Lead
Management inSites (MI) is an international management consulting company, specializing in assisting foreign companies start their U.S. subsidiaries through our International Business Incubator (IBI). Clients use a variety of back-office operational support, warehousing, bookkeeping, marketing, and management services to successfully enter the U.S. market. Our clients produce a range of commercial and consumer goods and operate in multiple industries.
The Order Processing Lead would be responsible for performing, on behalf of our clients, selected back-office activities. The job entails serving multiple clients at the same time and supervising other order processing staffs’ work.
The Order Processing Lead will report to the CEO and Director of Accounting.
LOCATION: We have two office locations and are open to the person working from either – 1704 East Blvd. in Charlotte, or 200/280 National Ave. in Spartanburg, SC. Initial training would be at the Charlotte location.
Due to COVID-19, some staff work remotely. However, all new staff are required to report to the office for at least the first 6 months. The office follows strict safety protocols. After the initial 6 months, staff may be allowed some flexibility in working location, but this is not guaranteed.
PAY: $20-25/hour depending on experience
BENEFITS: Health/Dental/Vision + 401(k) + LTD Insurance for all employees at 30+hrs/week
HOURS: Full-time (40hrs/week), some flexibility within Monday-Friday
Order Processing Lead (OPS) Position Summary
As a vital member of MI’s team, the OPS assists in the day-to-day business operations. Key tasks to be performed on behalf of clients include customer and vendor order processing; customer service; inventory management; and logistics coordination. The OPS is expected to be knowledgeable on general accounting procedures, accounting software, EDI solutions like SPS Commerce, inventory management software as it relates to order processing, and logistics.
This position requires the ability to interact professionally over the phone and in person with colleagues, clients, customers, and vendors.
- Receive and process orders into QBO or other accounting software, including but not limited to:
- Receive and enter purchase orders (POs) from customers
- Create and send POs to vendors
- Create and send order confirmations (COs) to customers
- Coordinate with 3PLs and vendors on product shipments
- Update inventory and 3PL information systems
- Create and send invoices to customers
- Supervise order processing completed by other staff, train new employees on order processing, and document new and existing processes.
- Customer service:
- Attend to any correspondence and emails with customers and vendors (will require checking multiple inboxes per day in GSuite, Microsoft 365, and other web-based email platforms)
- Check product/service availability and track shipments
- Process returns or warranty claims
- Interface with 3PLs, our own warehouse, and logistics companies to monitor transportation of goods (both from overseas to the U.S. and within the U.S. to the end customer). This includes working with HS and HTS codes, customs agents and bonds, and more.
- Set up new customers (complete new vendor paperwork)
- Set up new vendors (run credit applications and check references)
- Use and troubleshoot ordering processing issues in ERP and EDI System(s):
- Liaise with customer support for 3rd party provider(s)
- Document processes
- Train additional staff
- Follow up on AP/AR in a timely manner
- Coordinate with Accounting department staff
- Proactively recommend and implement process improvements
- Liaise with different departments to improve performance and work efficiency
- Verify and post transactions in QuickBooks/QuickBooks Online & other accounting software
- Perform additional duties as assigned by supervisor
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Associate degree in Accounting or Business Management is required (4-year degree in business preferred), plus at least 3 years of experience with order processing of physical goods (experience with a manufacturer strongly preferred). Five to six years of experience in order processing with an associate degree in Accounting or Business Management is also accepted.
- Proficiency in QuickBooks/QuickBooks Online or other major accounting & order processing software is required.
- Knowledge of Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) systems.
- Proficiency of Microsoft Office required (Word and Excel), preferably with G Suite/Google Workspace experience too.
- Knowledge and use of common business applications (Slack, Microsoft Teams, Zoom, banking apps, etc.) preferred.
- Experience with SOS Inventory or other inventory management software a plus.
- Knowledge and understanding of General Accepted Accounting Procedures and Practices preferred.
- The position requires a strong ability to prioritize tasks and to understand client needs.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong business acumen.
- An eye for attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional analytical skills to sift through high volumes of data and information.
- Ability to work sitting down in front of a computer for long hours every day.
- Additional language skills preferred – German, Spanish, Italian, or French.
Send cover letter, resume, and at least 2 professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidates selected for interviews will be expected to complete an assignment to demonstrate their knowledge and skills.