- January 8, 2021
- Posted by: Management inSites
- Categories: Jobs, logistics, management
Management inSites (MI) is an international management consulting company, specializing in assisting foreign companies start their U.S. subsidiaries through our International Business Incubator (IBI). Clients use a variety of back-office operational support, bookkeeping, marketing, and management services to successfully enter the U.S. market. Our clients produce a range of commercial and consumer goods and operate in multiple industries.
The Operations Supervisor would be responsible for performing on behalf of our clients selected back-office activities. The job entails serving multiple clients at the same time and supervising other order processing staff’s work.
The Operations Supervisor will report to the CEO and Director of Accounting.
LOCATION: Dilworth area of Charlotte, NC. Due to COVID-19, some staff work remotely. However, all new staff are required to report to the office. The office follows strict safety protocols.
PAY: $20-25/hour depending on experience
BENEFITS: Health/Dental/Vision + 401(k) + LTD Insurance for all employees at 30+hrs/week
HOURS: Full-time (40hrs/week), flexible within Monday-Friday
Operations Supervisor (OS) Position Summary
As a vital member of MI’s team, the OS assists in the day-to-day business operations. Key tasks to be performed on behalf of clients include customer and vendor order processing; customer service; inventory management; and logistics coordination. The OS is expected to be knowledgeable on general accounting procedures, accounting software, EDI solutions like SPS Commerce, and inventory management software as it relates to order processing.
Experience working as an order processor for a manufacturer with inventory management is a major plus. Order processing will vary by client. Some use EDI to automate aspects; most use QuickBooks Online for POs, COs, Packing Lists, and Invoices; and the orders vary in monetary and SKU size, quantity per week/month, and complexity depending on the goods. Goods can range from low-value commodities sold to distributors, consumer goods going to retail chains, or complex, customized machines that require multiple invoices at key milestones.
This position requires the ability to interact professionally over the phone and in person with colleagues, clients, customers, and vendors.
- Receive and process orders into QBO or other accounting software, including but not limited to:
- Receive and enter purchase orders (POs) from customers
- Create and send POs to vendors
- Create and send order confirmations (COs) to customers
- Coordinate with 3PLs and vendors on product shipments
- Update inventory and 3PL information systems
- Create and send invoices to customers
- Supervise order processing completed by other staff, train new employees on order processing, and document new and existing processes.
- Customer service:
- Attend to any correspondence and emails with customers and vendors (will require checking multiple inboxes per day in GSuite, Microsoft 365, and other web-based email platforms)
- Check product/service availability and track shipments
- Process returns or warranty claims
- Set up new customers (complete new vendor paperwork)
- Set up new vendors (run credit applications and check references)
- Train and Implement ERP and EDI System(s):
- Project manage the setup and oversee 3rd party provider(s)
- Document processes
- Train additional staff
- Follow up on AP/AR in a timely manner
- Assist with yearly insurance applications
- Coordinate with Accounting department staff
- Proactively recommend and implement process improvements
- Liaise with different departments to improve performance and work efficiency
- Verify and post transactions in QuickBooks/QuickBooks Online & other accounting software
- Enforce company policies and procedures within the office
- Perform additional duties as assigned by supervisor
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Associate degree in Accounting or Business Management is required (4-year degree in business preferred), plus at least 3 years of experience with order processing of physical goods (experience with a manufacturer strongly preferred). Five to six years of experience in order processing with an associate degree in Accounting or Business Management is also accepted.
- Proficiency in QuickBooks/QuickBooks Online or other major accounting & order processing software is required.
- Knowledge of Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) systems.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office required, preferably with G Suite/Google Workspace experience too.
- Knowledge and use of common business applications (like Slack, Microsoft Teams, Zoom, banking apps, etc.) preferred.
- Experience with SOS Inventory or other inventory management software a plus.
- Knowledge and understanding of General Accepted Accounting Procedures and Practices preferred.
- The position requires a strong ability to prioritize tasks and to understand client needs.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong business acumen.
- An eye for attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional analytical skills to sift through high volumes of data and information.
- Ability to work sitting down in front of a computer for long hours every day.
- Additional language skills preferred – German, Spanish, Italian, or French.
Send cover letter, resume, and at least 2 professional references to email@example.com.
Candidates selected for interviews will be expected to complete an assignment to demonstrate their knowledge and skills.