- January 5, 2023
- Posted by: Melissa Ratliff
- Categories: Consulting, Jobs, Marketing, MI Careers
Marketing Coordinator & Executive Assistant
If you are looking to work with international companies, you excel in a fast-paced environment where you are constantly learning, and you feel more at home with a small team, then join us at Management inSites (MI). We are expanding and need a dynamic and flexible team member who demonstrates intellectual curiosity and creativity, and who can help our organization in two essential ways – as a Marketing Coordinator and as an Executive Assistant to the Management team. As part of MI’s International Business Incubator (IBI), we help foreign companies start and run their U.S. subsidiaries. While this means no two days are ever alike, the experience you will gain at MI will open a world of possibilities for your career. The ideal candidate will be an excellent writer with time management skills and a can-do attitude, exhibiting sound judgment with the ability to prioritize and make decisions. They should be excited by new ideas and situations and will be a self-starter who can research and tackle new projects.
Reporting Relationships: Vice President of Marketing
The Marketing Coordinator & Executive Assistant position will assist the marketing team in the implementation of all marketing activities for MI’s clients, who produce a range of commercial (capital equipment and industrial products) and consumer goods, operate in multiple industries, and sell both B2B and B2C. Activities tend to center around brand awareness and content creation. They will also help implement MI’s own content marketing strategy on LinkedIn. This will have them researching and gaining insights into all areas of the business. The ability to work independently is key, though some projects will require group collaboration. The position will also serve as an Executive Assistant to help ensure MI runs smoothly. They will support the current management team – the CEO, VP of Marketing, and VP of Accounting – in a slew of administrative tasks. While the job will start with 50% of the candidate’s time in each area of the role, it is expected to grow toward marketing.
- Create content and collateral for clients in the form of blog posts, newsletters, email blasts, pictures, videos, social media posts, user manuals, business plans, formal invitations, presentations, press releases, etc.; basic design work within Adobe suite preferred.
- Monitor marketing budgets by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts.
- Support inbound marketing through social media, taking the lead on LinkedIn (B2B) and assisting with engagement on other channels (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube) as needed.
- Track and report measures of success on different campaigns;
- Create and maintain posting calendars through Hootsuite (or other software).
- Prepare marketing reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data.
- Research competitive products by identifying and evaluating product characteristics, market share, pricing, and advertising.
- Plan meetings and trade shows by identifying, assembling, and coordinating requirements; establishing contacts; developing schedules and assignments; coordinating mailing lists.
- Maintain websites (WordPress and Wix), keeping them current, adding content, and implementing best practices for SEO.
- Copy edit and proofread existing collateral, with special attention to tonal differences for clients and audiences.
- Support sales for consumer goods (when needed) by:
- Monitoring Amazon comments and responding promptly (if clients sell on Amazon);
- Making outbound cold calls/emails to local or national customers.
- Keep promotional materials ready by coordinating requirements with team; inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, training programs, reading trade publications, etc. as needed.
- Accept ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; explore opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Maintain calendars, including scheduling meetings, appointments, and travel (may include domestic and international). Exercise discretion in committing time and evaluating needs.
- For travel, coordinate end-to-end travel arrangements (for MI staff and clients), including booking all travel and hotels, directions, commuting time and ground transportation, itineraries, etc.
- Serve as a liaison between the Managers, MI staff, clients, vendors, and the public. This includes receiving and screening phone calls and visitors, answering a variety of questions with tact and diplomacy, taking messages, and directing calls appropriately for resolution.
- Determine priority of matters of attention for the Managers; redirect matters to staff to handle, or handle matters personally, as appropriate.
- Proactively support high-level and routine activities of the Managers (which will vary by need):
- Assist with account planning and client relationship management;
- Conduct research and gather information;
- Assist with the creation and preparation of internal and external materials – PowerPoint presentations/slides, spreadsheets, proposals, etc., including proofreading;
- Keep Managers and staff informed of critical and time-sensitive information they may not be aware of, ensuring appropriate follow-up;
- Take initiative to bring things “from the back burner to the front burner”.
- Compose and prepare letters/emails relating to routine correspondence for the Manager’s signature;
- Schedule departmental meetings; assist in the preparation and distribution of meeting agendas and materials;
- Maintain paper and electronic filing systems;
- Maintain confidential and sensitive information;
- Attend meetings and take notes of discussion; prepare the initial draft of minutes and summaries.
- BA in marketing, communications, or business with at least 2 years of work experience in a similar role; or adequate work experience and certificate in digital marketing.
- Ability to lift and carry 40lb boxes up and down stairs.
- Ability to work nights and weekends on occasion and travel when necessary.
- Proactive, insightful thinker with a creative mindset to generate ideas and think independently
- Excellent communicator, both verbal and written
- Exceptional writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Intense attention to detail with accuracy and consistency
- Ability to juggle multiple projections at a time, as switching between tasks and clients happens frequently
- Ability to build effective relationships with a wide range of people in person, over the phone, and through email communications
- Strong Microsoft Office Skills (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Knowledge and use of Social Media (LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, etc.)
- Knowledge and use of Adobe Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Acrobat DC)
- Knowledge and use of Google Workspace (Gmail, Shared Drives)
- Proficiency in a foreign language (preferably German) a plus, but not necessary
- Some knowledge of QuickBooks Online (QBO) preferred, but must be willing to learn
- Compensation: $50K – 65K based on experience.
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States will be required.
- This is a full-time position working out of our Charlotte, NC office. Remote and hybrid working flexibility is available after an initial 6-month probation period, provided the employee has demonstrated adequate independent working and time management skills.
- Benefits include 401(k) and 401(k) matching; health, dental, and vision Insurance; optional LTD insurance; and paid time off (PTO).
- Send resume with at least 2 professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Cover letters are encouraged.
- Candidates selected for interviews will be expected to complete an assessment to demonstrate their knowledge and skills.