- June 8, 2022
- Posted by: Management inSites
- Categories: Consulting, Jobs, Marketing
Marketing Coordinator & Account Manager
Management inSites (MI) is an international management and consulting company, specializing in assisting foreign companies start their U.S. subsidiaries through our International Business Incubator (IBI). Clients use a variety of back-office operational support, bookkeeping, marketing, and management services to successfully enter the U.S. market. We are expanding and need a dynamic and flexible team member who can help our organization in two ways – as a Marketing Coordinator and as an Account Manager. Many of our staff members wear multiple hats depending on the needs of our current clients.
On the marketing side, we tailor our client’s messages to the U.S. market and implement the message through print and social media, and by organizing and attending trade shows and events. Our clients produce a range of commercial and consumer goods, operate in multiple industries, and focus on both B2B and B2C marketing. The ideal candidate will have experience writing business blogs, creating content for LinkedIn, maintaining websites, and organizing and managing events.
The position will report to the Director of Marketing of MI.
The Marketing Coordinator & Account Manager position will assist the marketing team in the implementation of all marketing activities for MI’s clients. They will market products by developing and implementing marketing and advertising campaigns (mostly Google Ads and LinkedIn for B2B, and Facebook and Instagram for B2C); tracking sales data; maintaining promotional materials inventory; planning meetings and trade shows; maintaining databases; and preparing reports. They will also help implement MI’s own content marketing strategy.
The candidate must be interested in all areas of marketing and be willing to perform other office administrative and project management tasks as needed. The ability to work independently is key, though some projects will require group collaboration. It Is expected that they will have at least a moderate understanding of and be able to demonstrate ability in (or the desire to learn): content creation, inbound marketing, social media, PPC, search marketing (SEO and SEM), data analysis, and website management.
As marketing is only part of what we do, we need a team player who will also serve as an Account Manager. Think of this role as a project manager where you will learn the skills of a mini-CEO. In this capacity, you will be the main point of contact between MI and the clients assigned to you (some of which may or may not use any of our marketing services). You will advise and strategize with the client to ensure a successful launch into the U.S. market (with the assistance of Senior Leadership). And you will coordinate the MI team to ensure the clients’ needs are met daily and prepare monthly reports for the client on the state of their U.S. business.
For Account Management, previous experience with customer service, order processing, or bookkeeping is a plus, though not required. You will be expected to learn on the job, often with little formal training. You will be expected to complete some basic training in accounting and QuickBooks Online, the accounting software used by most of our clients.
- Create content and collateral for clients in the form of blog posts, newsletters, email blasts, pictures, videos, social media posts, user manuals, business plans, formal invitations, presentations, press releases, etc.; basic design work within Adobe suite preferred.
- Monitor budgets by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts.
- Support inbound marketing through social media, taking the lead on LinkedIn (B2B) and assisting with engagement on other channels (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube) as needed.
- Track and report measures of success on different campaigns.
- Create and maintain posting calendars.
- Prepare marketing reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing sales data.
- Research competitive products (as needed) by identifying and evaluating product characteristics, market share, pricing, and advertising; maintain research databases.
- Plan meetings and trade shows by identifying, assembling, and coordinating requirements; establishing contacts; developing schedules and assignments; coordinating mailing lists.
- Maintain websites (WordPress and Wix), keeping them current, adding content, and implementing best practices for SEO.
- Copy edit and proofread existing collateral, with special attention to tonal differences for clients and audiences.
- Support sales for consumer goods (when needed) by:
- Monitoring Amazon comments and responding promptly (if clients sell on Amazon)
- Making outbound cold calls/emails to local or national customers
- Keep promotional materials ready by coordinating requirements with marketing team; inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, training programs, reading trade publications, etc.
- Accomplish organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- On the Account Manager side:
- Maintain at least monthly contact with assigned clients and update the MI team on the biweekly reports and in Slack.
- Prepare and send monthly reports to clients and review the P&L with the Director of Accounting to ensure accuracy.
- Learn the company’s business and create processes for the MI team to follow regarding order processing and customer service.
- Assess and anticipate the business needs of the client and bring in appropriate Senior Leadership when necessary to strategize and meet their needs.
- Interface with vendors and customers as the client; ensuring full 360-degree support.
- BA in marketing, communications, or business with at least 3 years of work experience in a similar role; or adequate work experience and certificate in digital marketing
- Ability to lift and carry 40lb boxes up and down stairs
- Ability to work nights and weekends on occasion and travel when necessary
- Excellent communicator, both verbal and written
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Intense attention to detail with accuracy and consistency
- Ability to multi-task, as switching between tasks and clients happens frequently
- Creative mindset to generate ideas and think independently
- Ability to build effective relationships with a wide range of people in person, over the phone, and through email communications
- Strong Microsoft Office Skills (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Knowledge and use of Google Workspace (Gmail, Shared Drives)
- Knowledge and use of Social Media (LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, etc.)
- Knowledge and use of Adobe Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Acrobat DC)
- Proficiency in a foreign language (preferably German) a plus, but not necessary
- Knowledge of QuickBooks Online (QBO) preferred, but not necessary for applying (must be willing to learn)
- Compensation: $70K – 90K based on experience.
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States will be required.
- This is a full-time position working out of our Charlotte, NC office.
- Benefits include: 401(k) and 401(k) matching; health, dental, and vision Insurance; optional LTD insurance; and paid time off (PTO).
- Send resume with at least 2 professional references to email@example.com.
- Candidates selected for interviews will be expected to complete an assessment to demonstrate their knowledge and skills.