Do you have a passion for digital marketing that helps ensure people can grow their businesses? Do you put the customer first in the work you do? Does the idea of working for a startup excite you? Look no further than Breeez, Inc. Our digital marketing agency is on a mission to be the best at delivering quality leads to the small business community. Building on the success of our UK sister company (Adtrak), we’re ready to quickly hire our initial team here in Charlotte, North Carolina. We want to build a close-knit team that values collaboration and creativity, and one that teaches and promotes from within – will you join us?
Job Title: Copywriter
Experience Level: 3-5 years
Managed By: Managing Director (initially)
This position is for experienced copywriters who have a solid portfolio of individually created written content that excites and performs well for clients. Daily, the position will be researching and writing articles and content for digital marketing, websites, and social media clients across a variety of industries. This can be from swimming pools to world cruises. The ideal candidate will have a strong commercial awareness and strong industry knowledge. They will be responsible for completing all assigned tasks on time and to a high standard, and for handling medium to large sized clients.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Responsible for maintaining a high standard in all aspects of assigned client work and management, including:
- Bespoke Copy, BAPs & Article Writing
- Produce well-written copy for a variety of websites and article clients, by liaising with the client, AM, and IM and using online research
- Keep personal article schedule and Salesforce up to date
- Obtain client approval for copy and articles, and action any amends quickly
- Ensure the copy is completed, proofread, and saved in the relevant places in line with any deadlines
- Utilize textbroker effectively to manage workload when required
- Article Management
- Take the lead with the production of a well-planned editorial calendar and produce quality articles for a variety of clients and sectors
- Liaise with the client to get the calendar and articles approved or amended as required
- Ensure all copy is completed, proofread, and live in line with the calendar
- Use available data, produce quality client reports to provide clients with ongoing information about the success of their article strategy, in line with the calendar
- Content Marketing & Marketing Packages
- Attend monthly internal meetings, as well as weekly stand-up meetings with the assigned content or marketing team
- Regularly liaise with the assigned content or marketing team to create content that will be relevant, well-written, and effective, contributing ideas and assisting with the creation of strategies
- Stay up to date with the project management sheet to keep track of all ongoing work assigned and ensure costings are realistic and correct
- Action any amends from the client/team quickly
- Ensure all content is completed and proofread by the required deadline and sent to IM
- Keep a record of time spent and work completed and submit it to the head of copy at the end of each month
- Quality Checking
- Proofread and edit the work of other writers, ensuring a high standard is maintained by the department, and provide constructive feedback to colleagues where necessary
- Carry out site checks on your own sites to ensure all on-site text is of a high standard
- Proofread and edit company documents, proposals, and literature when required to ensure Breeez is presented in the required way
- Bespoke Copy, BAPs & Article Writing
- Assist with the introduction of new projects and copywriting products as required, such as Copy Guidelines and creative projects, ensuring all assigned work is completed to a high standard and on time
- Responsible for building successful working relationships with clients, leading to a good understanding of their business goals, requirements, and limitations
- Handle any problems or issues that arise with AMs, clients, and other departments professionally and autonomously, or escalating them to a team leader or manager when necessary and to ensure a satisfactory outcome
- Attend client meetings and present the work completed/represent the department’s skills, in a confident and knowledgeable manner
- Work with relevant departments to analyze available data/information to increase performance, create strategies for client development, and guide the client in how to best utilize copywriting services for their company
- Ensure all assigned client work is completed to the required standard, by the agreed deadline, quality checked, and all relevant people are informed of status and completion
- Additional administrative tasks and assignments as required
Key Skills & Knowledge:
- Strong literacy skills and strong knowledge of the English language
- Experience in a similar role writing for commercial purposes
- Strong understanding of our audience/client base
- Exceptional accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Full, working knowledge of Google Drive/Docs
- The ability to respond positively to constructive feedback
- Working knowledge of WordPress, Google Analytics, and HTML coding
- A strong understanding of SEO and the purpose of online content
- Confidence in liaising with clients both face-to-face and over the phone
- Solid commercial awareness and understanding
- Degree level qualification, or similar, in a relevant subject
- Compensation: $50,000-60,000 based on experience, plus performance bonuses.
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States will be required.
- This is a full-time position working out of our Charlotte, NC office. Remote and hybrid working flexibility is available after an initial 6-month probation period, provided the employee has demonstrated adequate independent working and time management skills.
- Benefits include:
- As a start-up in growth mode, we currently offer a stipend for health, dental, and vision insurance. The $700/month stipend is a taxable benefit and allows the employee to find their own insurance until such time as a company plan is put in place. The stipend will end, regardless of if the employee uses the company plan, once the plan is available.
- 401(k) and 401(k) matching
- 4 weeks of paid time off (PTO)
- 12 days of company holidays
If you are interested, send your CV to email@example.com,
along with a researched and written article on behalf of a fictional loft conversion company that answers the question:
- How could a loft conversion add value to your home?
It should be between 500 and 550 words. If you have an online portfolio or blog, please send us a link to that too.