- November 1, 2022
- Posted by: Melissa Ratliff
- Categories: Affiliate Careers, Jobs, Marketing, sales, travel
Sales Manager - Comi Polaris Systems
Comi Polaris is a global leader in customized separation technologies, offering a complete line of filtering centrifuges; filter and vacuum dryers; and cryogenic technologies. We are proud to be an OEM with in-house fabrication, production, and assembly, which allows tight control over quality and delivery times. The U.S. company is a joint venture between renowned leaders in the industry – Comi Condor, Delta Costruzioni Meccaniche, and Polaris Group – all based in Italy.
Our U.S. office, based in Charlotte, North Carolina, is home to engineering, project support, after-market service, administration, marketing, and equipment/parts sales. We have a small testing facility and factory-trained technicians to support U.S.-based customers.
The Sales Manager reports to the Director of Engineering. The Sales Manager will also have interactions with customers, management, engineering (at the companies in Italy as well), marketing, production, and technical service.
Senior Client Accountant Position Summary:
The primary responsibility of the Sales Manager is to communicate with potential customers daily. This includes networking virtually and in person, building a pipeline of projects, finalizing outgoing quotes, and assisting in the content strategy on LinkedIn. In addition, s/he is responsible for assisting in formulating the yearly sales & marketing plan and communicating with management to ensure that sales goals are achieved.
- Lead Generation: Devise all necessary plans to accomplish sales objectives established for each customer group. This will include conducting activities such as:
– Developing thorough knowledge of the customers and prospects
– Securing appointments with prospective clients via the existing pipeline and/or any other appropriate means such as cold calls
– Networking to promote the technology and equipment in relevant market circles
– Attending trade shows and conventions, as directed by management
– Promoting market awareness
- Lead and Sales Development:
– Working closely with engineering and technical partners to qualify (vet) potential leads
– Following up and actively nurturing sales pipeline
– Preparing sales presentations for potential clients and engineering groups
– Maintaining accurate records through the customer relationship database (Copper) or other internal documentation, including complete customer and prospect records
– Submit weekly status reports on sales activities
- Closing Sales:
– Preparing quotes and cost sheets
– Verifying and approving new orders, pricing, and terms
– Maintaining thorough and current knowledge of competitors’ services, pricing, and sales methods
- Maintain current and past customer relationships through prompt responses and recommendations for all customer communications.
- Advise management on the marketing strategy to be implemented, based on collected and analyzed information
- Prepare annual marketing plans and sales forecast
- Develop a monthly action plan and report on sales progress monthly
- Active participation in website and literature improvements, and social media (LinkedIn) post creations
- Advise management concerning requirements and competitive conditions in the marketplace
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the Fine Chemical or Pharmaceutical industry, in Capital Equipment Purchasing and/or Marketing/Sales
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Chemistry, or related fields; MBA, a plus
- 60%-70% travel, both domestic and international
- Excellent knowledge of MS office products
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- This is a salary, full-time position with bonus based on performance.
- Proximity to Charlotte is preferred. Remote work is OK, but must have close access to an international airport.
- Benefits include: 401(k) and 401(k) matching; health insurance; dental and vision plans are also available; generous PTO
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States will be required.
- Send resume to email@example.com
- Be sure to put your name and “Resume for Sales Manager” in the subject line of your email