- April 13, 2023
- Posted by: Camila Rivera
- Categories: Affiliate Careers, Jobs, Marketing
Web Designer – Front End Developer
Do you have a passion for digital marketing that helps ensure people can grow their businesses? Do you put the customer first in the work you do? Does the idea of working for a startup excite you? Look no further than Breeez, Inc. Our digital marketing agency is on a mission to be the best at delivering quality leads to the small business community. Building on the success of our UK sister company (Adtrak), we’re ready to quickly hire our initial team here in Charlotte, North Carolina. We want to build a close-knit team that values collaboration and creativity, and one that teaches and promotes from within – will you join us?
Job Title: Web Designer – Front End Developer
Experience Level: 3-5 years
Managed By: Sr. Web Designer – Front End Web Developer
You will be joining a team of experienced front-end developers to help build and design SEO-focused websites using the latest standards for a variety of industries. This can be from swimming pools to world cruises. The ideal candidate will have strong commercial awareness and strong industry knowledge. They will be responsible for completing all assigned tasks on time and to a high standard and for handling medium to large-sized clients.
Our workflow is developing and maintaining sites written with custom code (no site builders) using WordPress, Twig/Timber, and Tailwind.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Bespoke Web Design (BWD)
- Utilize commercial awareness and experience of Web Design Assistant Managers, seniors, and web designers to design standard brochure sites for clients, thus increasing their own commercial awareness and experience
- Understand a client’s business and liaise with an Account Manager to perfect designs tailored to client’s needs
- Ensure site is signed off by Web Design Assistant Manager before sending to Account Manager
- Build BWD websites to a good standard using the Breeez Boilerplate and latest techniques
- Quality Assurance and Live Process
- Liaise with Sr. Web Designer, Account Manager, and client to get all required information to set websites live
- Work through Gitlab checklists as required to ensure highest standard possible of completion
- Working with Sr. Web Designer, decide the best course of action to set a website live
- Ensure work is of a high quality before it leaves the team and is pushed to production
- Ad-hoc tasks
- Complete ad-hoc work where required and assigned
- Follow guides and guidelines to ensure that ad-hoc work is completed in a timely manner and to a good standard, keeping all relevant people informed as to progress or issues
- Monitor and correctly log work carried out in Salesforce
- Track time against tasks accordingly
- Content Marketing
- Undertake and complete work on a regular basis as required for Content Marketing
- Manage time effectively and record and report on time spent in Salesforce
- Generate ideas for Content Marketing work
- Marketing Packages
- As and when required, undertake a Marketing Package client and work in the team to generate high standard work, fitting to relevant deadlines
Training & Mentoring
- Take personal responsibility for maintaining an up-to-date understanding of the Web Design industry and assist with the development of the department by researching new techniques, theories, tools, processes, and products, in line with the company and department objectives
- ‘Buddy up’ with allocated new members of the team to provide initial guidance on Breeez procedures and general working processes
- Act as a mentor for all junior team members, being a point of contact for their questions/queries, providing advice and support when their team leader is not available
- Responsible for building successful working relationships with clients, leading to a good understanding of their business goals, requirements, and limitations
- Handle any problems or issues that arise with Account Managers, clients, and other departments professionally and autonomously, or escalating them to a Sr. Web Designer or head of discipline when necessary and to ensure a satisfactory outcome
- Attend client meetings and present the work completed/represent the department’s skills, in a confident and knowledgeable manner
- Work within your Client Team to analyze available data/information to increase performance, create strategies for client development, and guide the client in how to best utilize Web Design for their company
- Ensure all assigned client work is completed by the agreed deadline, quality checked, and all relevant people are informed of status and completion
- Update all management platforms as required
- Provide Sr. Web Designer status updates of all ongoing work in line with department working practices (i.e. staff meetings, 1-to-1s) and before any periods of absence
- Attend discipline Pulse Sessions to gain a better understanding of Breeez Work Processes and enhance personal knowledge
- Ensure Google Calendar is up to date with upcoming appointments, including holidays, meetings, training sessions, and any agreed absences
- Carry out general office duties such as answering the telephone and dealing with ad-hoc inquiries from clients/AMs, etc.
Key Skills & Knowledge:
- Figma / XD / Photoshop
- HTML / CSS
- GIT / NodeJS / Command Line Interface (CLI)
- Commercial Design Understanding
- Responsive Techniques
- Twig & Timber
- React / React frameworks (Next.js, Gatsby)
- Cloud Architecture
- Internet Marketing (i.e. PPC / SEO)
- Compensation: $65,000-75,000 based on experience, plus performance bonuses.
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States will be required.
- This is a full-time position working out of our Charlotte, NC office. Remote and hybrid working flexibility is available after an initial 6-month probation period, provided the employee has demonstrated adequate independent working and time management skills.
- Benefits include:
- As a start-up in growth mode, we currently offer a stipend for health, dental, and vision insurance. The $700/month stipend is a taxable benefit and allows the employee to find their own insurance until such time as a company plan is put in place. The stipend will end, regardless of if the employee uses the company plan, once the plan is available.
- 401(k) and 401(k) matching
- 4 weeks of paid time off (PTO)
- 12 days of company holidays
To apply, send resume and cover letter to email@example.com