- April 13, 2023
- Posted by: Camila Rivera
- Categories: Affiliate Careers, Jobs
Warehouse & Inventory Coordinator
Bacci America is the U.S. subsidiary of Paolino Bacci (Bacci), an Italian CNC machine manufacturer for the woodworking industry. Our main clients are in the chair, furniture, windows, passage door and kitchen cabinet door sectors. Bacci has been recognized as a leader in the industry and has multiple awards and patents. Bacci has been selling into the U.S. market since the 1960s and opened Bacci America in 2014. After over 100 years, Bacci is still family owned and operated, with the 4th generation currently at the helm.
Bacci America operates as the sales and service arm for the North American market, with close connections to the Italian headquarters. Our company is expanding and looking to add members to our team.
The warehouse and inventory coordinator role is responsible for maintaining the warehouse/showroom, growing the spare parts inventory, handling orders and logistics for spare parts and machine sales, as well as helping to improve response times for customer service. The ideal candidate for this position must be detailed oriented, proactive, and able to work independently. In addition, the qualified candidate should be a self-starter and be willing to cross-train and grow with the company. Our showroom and warehouse are located in south Charlotte. The position is expected to start as soon as possible and is full-time with benefits.
Reporting Relationship: Service Manager and CEO of Bacci America
- Maintains receiving, warehousing, and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating, and complying with warehouse operational policies and procedures.
- Complies with federal, state, and local warehousing, material handling, and shipping requirements; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Safeguards warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring safety and security procedures and protocols.
- Ensures warehouse safety through compliance with OSHA regulations.
- Keeps warehouse clean and neat to be able to utilize the showroom aspect of the space.
- Analyzes data to anticipate future inventory needs and places orders with headquarters (or other suppliers).
- Receives new product from Italy and manually stores items in the proper locations (creating new locations when necessary).
- Maintains current spare parts inventory by:
- Ensuring proper labeling of all parts;
- Matching to inventory;
- Keeping accounting and technicians aware of any found discrepancies (counts, prices, product/model numbers, or descriptions); and
- Doing inventory counts and adjusting the system as needed.
- Tracks all spare parts and machine drop shipments from Italy to customers, working with logistics companies and keeping customers up-to-date on customs clearance and delivery information.
- Processes spare parts orders and ships in-stock items to customers in a timely manner.
- Processes machine orders in current order processing software to include but not limited to:
- Receiving customer purchase orders and sales quotes;
- Issuing customer confirmation orders and vendor purchase orders;
- Invoicing customers for in-progress billing and final project completion.
- Organizes shipments to customers for parts or machines in stock at the warehouse.
- Coordinates with Italy for direct orders and provides logistics for all customer and trade show shipments.
- Supports current and potential customers by answering parts and service questions via email and over the phone, resolving minor customer complaints in a timely and professional manner.
- Directs machine sales and technical service calls and emails to the appropriate personnel, ensuring accurate and timely responses to customers.
- Maintains regular contact with key customers to identify and act upon opportunities for spare parts sales.
- Performs other clerical and administrative support activities and special projects as directed and requested by supervisors.
Sales, Technical Service, and Accounting Departments
- Minimum of an Associate’s degree with four years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. BS/BA in Supply Chain/Operations Mgt, Logistics, or relevant field preferred.
- Current Forklift operating license & certification.
- Warehousing Certifications are a plus
- Microsoft Office proficient; knowledge and experience with QuickBooks are a plus.
- An analytical mind with strong math skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with high attention to detail.
- Outstanding written and oral communication with interpersonal abilities.
- Reliable and trustworthy.
- Being bilingual in Italian a plus, but not necessary.
- Compensation: $50,000-65,000 based on experience
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States will be required.
- This is a full-time position working 100% in-person at our Charlotte, NC warehouse and showroom (4514A Westinghouse Blvd, Charlotte, NC 28273).
- Benefits include: 401(k) and 401(k) matching; health and dental Insurance; and 25 days of paid time off (PTO).
To apply, send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org